Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH2HTE
- Drive Type: SailDrive
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 75hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 2 Blade, Bronze, Folding
- Year: 1998
Approved Boats is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Farr Yacht Sales.
- Hull and deck construction uses carbon laminates on foam cores, with aluminium structure to accept keel bolting and mast loads.
- Appendage design reflects the latest thinking at Farr Yacht Design.
- Cockpit sides are inboard at the forward end of the cockpit and a half-height bridge deck gives way to more space below to accommodate the interior, without compromising cockpit use.
- Hull Colour: White (2007); White epoxy bottom (faired and painted 2013, T speed) and white & grey deck (2007).
Keel & Rudder:
- A deep, low VCG keel provides stability to carry the large sail area and produce exceptional upwind speed.
- Lead fin with bulb.
- VENOMOUS has a well finished IRC race interior with tremendous volume below to permit a comfortable living space and great layout, good for entertaining, as well as sail handling.
- A large main saloon features port and starboard settees with upper pipe berths.
- Forward of the mast and main bulkhead is ample storage for sails and gear.
- Aft of the companionway is additional port and starboard upper and lower pipe berths, centerline berths and port and starboard storage.
- To starboard aft of the galley is a sizeable head with shower.
- Forward rope locker.
- Port tool storage locker.
- Port and starboard hanging lockers.
- Port and starboard storage bins.
- A large workable galley is set to starboard with additional workspace under the cockpit aft of the companionway.
- Double galley sinks on centerline.
- Frigomatic refrigerator
- 2-burner oven.
- The rig features a formula similar to that used successfully on the Corel 45, Mumm 30 and Farr 40 One Design – carbon spar with two swept spreaders and no running backstays.
- Generous sail area enables the CM 60 to be very fast relative to its size.
- Beyond the standard fractional spinnakers VENOMOUS has been updated for masthead IRC spinnakers.
- The jib sheets to a longitudinal track and uses a hydraulic lead puller with a winch-powered inhauler system, giving a good range of trim control.
- Forestay load and mast bend are controlled through the masthead backstay with hydraulic system.
- An internal mast jack system enables quick adjustments of the rig tune.
- The deck layout is designed for racing.
- 2-spreader fractional carbon fibre rig.
- Mast refinished in 2013.
- Carbon fibre boom; refinished in 2013.
- Halyards and sheets.
- Over-sized carbon spinnaker pole.
- 2 x Custom carbon jockey poles.
- PBO backstay.
- 2 x Carbon fibre spinnaker pole mast mounts.
- Custom masthead for multiple masthead halyards by Hall.
- Masthead spinnaker halyards.
- 2:1 mainsail halyard.
- 2 x Fractional jib halyards.
- 2 x Fractional spinnaker halyards.
- Carbon 6’ bowsprit (2010) to accommodate asymmetric spinnakers..
- Fore/aft jib tracks with hydraulic pullers.
- 8 x Spinlock halyard clutches.
- Winch powered in-hauler system.
- Port/starboard spinnaker sheet clutches.
- Spinnaker tweaker controls.
- Harken winch package, includes upgraded primary, mainsheet and bobstay winches, and upgraded/refinished primary and mainsheet winch pedestal grinders.
- Harken 990 with top cleat primary winches.
- Harken 48 traveler winches.
- 3 x Harken 530 halyard winches.
- Harken 990 with self-tail mainsheet winches.
- 2 x Upgraded & refinished winch pedestals.
- Harken 980 self-tail tack line winches
- A dry and comfortable navigation station is set to port aft of the companionway.
- VENOMOUS has a custom Ockam instrument package with several displays in key locations.
- Ockam instrument package.
- Expedition Nav-software.
- Raymarine C-120 radar/plotter (2005).
- SAT phone (2005).
- 4 x 20/20 mast displays.
- 2 x Ockham displays on main pedestal.
- Dell desktop CPU with Deckman navigation software.
- Sea 322 SSB.
- Stern-mount radar mast.
- Icom IC-M59 VHF.
- 4 x 20/20 bulkhead displays.
- 2 x Ockham displays at navigation station.
- 2 x House batteries (2012).
- Dedicated engine battery.
- Paguro marine generator.
- Phoenix Multiplus shore and generator power management system.
- Mermaid Marine Air compact air conditioning with reverse cycle heating.
Racing Sails (2013):
North 3DI offshore Mainsail
North Jib Top
Doyle No 3 Jib
Quantum genoa staysail
Hyde Fractional A4 Asymm
North spinnaker stay sail
Hyde Fractional A3 Asymm
North No 5 Heavy Jib
Hyde M/H Code A2 Asymm
North M/H A1 Asymm
North 3DL light Jib
North M/H A2 Asymm
North 3DL medium Jib
North Code AO-3
North Panelled heavy Jib
VENOMOUS has an extensive inventory of other sails still effective for racing and practice as well as dedicated delivery sails.
Farr Yacht Sales offers the details of the listed vessel in good faith. We are diligent in presenting the above facts and inventories of the listed vessel but we cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of the information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. The buyer, whether himself or through his agent or his surveyor, should conduct such investigation, independent confirmation and additional due diligence as the buyer deems necessary before purchasing the vessel.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.