Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH3E
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 56hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade
- Engine Hours: 2800
Designed by Alan Mummery, S/Y Alderman is a 41ft Steel Cutter built in 1982. She is presented in great condition and ARC ready, following an extensive refit over the last 2 years.
S/Y Alderman has undergone a full A1 ultrasonic hull survey in June 2016, carried out in Cowes, UK by a specialist surveyor. Her mast and rig were also removed, inspected, serviced and repainted by Spencers of Cowes in 2016.
The boat has been serviced and kitted out to meet the full specification required for entry into the ARC, and is ready to go for the ARC rally 2017.
Recent works completed include:
- Complete rewire, including all new switch panel and engine relays.
- Hull bottom section sand-blasted and Jotomastic resealed (2016)
- New hull anodes (2016)
- Topsides repainted (2016)
- Yanmar engine fully serviced with full spares (at 2800 hours)
- New 4x 200a/h gel batteries (April 2017)
This 41ft Steel Cutter is powered by a Yanmar 4JH3E 56hp diesel engine.
She also includes a New 2016 portable 240v 1kw Genset generator, a PUR Survivor 30 5l/h watermaker, a diesel heater in the saloon, and a DuoGen wind and sea powered generator.
The rigging on board this Alan Mummery 41ft Steel Cutter includes a twin spreader 15m aluminium mast, with new 2016 twin running backstays and spare masthead sheaves. There are heavy duty 'granny bars' at the mast and mast steps to the top of the mast.
A heavy duty bowsprit features twin rollers and a steel rod bobstay; there is also a spinnaker and jockey pole with sheets and guys.
Nearly all of the running rigging is new, with ample spare ropes onboard, including Lewmar reefing lines. There are also 2016 Jackstays and Lazy jacks.
Alderman's sail wardrobe includes:
- Two mainsails - one fully battened, three reef, slab reefed to cockpit
- Two genoas - one high cut
- Two spare yankee genoas
- Storm staysail (hank on)
- Cruising chute
- Spinnaker with new sheets and guys
The deck of this 41ft Steel Cutter features a Heavy duty doghouse with reefing lines and halyard led inside.
Winches onboard include Wilkins two-speed 26mm primary winches; Harken 16mm secondary winches; Lewmar winch for reefing lines in cockpit; Barlow 26 mainsheet winch in cockpit; two mast winches; and one outhaul winch on boom. There are also various rope clutches.
Ground tackle includes a 55lb CQR anchor with 60m 10mm chain and 100m warp; a Danforth 14kg kedge anchor with 40m 8mm chain plus 30m warp; and there is a Lofrans Titan electric windlass.
Other deck gear includes:
- Twin danbuoys with horseshoe buoyancy aids
- New Plastimo 6 person 'Ocean' liferaft (2016)
- Six fenders
- Cockpit lighting
- Winch handle pockets and 4x winch handles
- Plastimo Contest 120 compass (2015)
- Twin clamp-fitted 7kg gas cylinders, open air
This Steel cutter provides accommodation for up to six in 3 cabins, with a double cabin to portside aft, and a large single (possible double) to starboard. Forward is a further double berth forepeak cabin.
The large saloon features a solid hardwood folding dining table and sofa seating. The seating can also be doubled up as two further berths, with full length lee-cloths fitted. There is also a spacious navigation area with seat and full sized navigation station chart table.
The galley includes a seamless stainless steel worktop and is equipped with twin sinks and a three burner stove with oven and grill.
There is also a large heads with shower and multiple stowage lockers and handholds throughout.
Navigation equipment on board this Alan Mummery 41ft Steel Cutter includes:
- Raymarine C90W chart plotter with full European and Caribbean charts
- Navstick plotter and chart set
- Depth transducer and display
- Wind direction/speed
- AIS receiver
- Simrad autopilot, heavy duty hydraulic ram
- Fleming Ocean 60 wind vane
- Kenwood SSB with Ranger antenna tuner
- ICOM DSC VHF M323 (2016)
- ICOM portable VHF (2016)
- Navigation station repeater ST60
- Iridium Go Satellite WiFi hub with antenna (2016)
- New mast head antenna plus emergency antenna
- GPS antenna plus spare
- Furuno Radar
- Radar reflector
- Oceansignal class 2 EPIRB with GPS 96hour transmission (2016)
- 4x New 200h/h gel batteries (April 2017)
- LED lighting throughout
- 12v sockets throughout
- New NASA battery manager
- New Sterling Pro Ultra battery regulator
- New galvanic isolator unit
- Shore power with RCD breakers, with new long run power cords
- New twin 100W swing mounted solar panels with EP Solar regulator and control display
- Twin alternators
- Stereo with deck speakers
This Steel Cutter also comes equipped with a Zodiac foldable dinghy with Nissan 4hp outboard - both in very good condition.
Safety equipment includes ARC spec flare pack, above MCA spec offshore medical kit (2016), eight life jackets all serviced with spare gas cylinders.
Nicolle Associates offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- This vessel is VAT paid.
- As always photographs do not do justice so a viewing is highly recommended.
- This boat is lying in Cowes, Isle of Wight, UK.
- © 2019 Nicolle Associates